Labor and Employment
Daniel Coker Horton & Bell labor and employment attorneys engage in the practice of labor and employment law exclusively on behalf of management.
Specific areas of practice include litigation of labor and employment claims in Mississippi state courts and federal courts for public and private employers, including claims under Title VII of the Civil Right Acts of 1964 (as amended); the Age Discrimination in Employment Act; the Equal Pay Act; the Rehabilitation Act of 1973; the Employee Retirement Income Security Act of 1974; the Americans with Disabilities Act (as amended); the Family and Medical Leave Act; the Fair Labor Standards Act; the Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act; the Pregnancy Discrimination Act; occupational safety and health laws; and state law employment matters, such as “at-will” employment cases and non-competition covenant cases.
While the firm focuses on litigation, labor and employment attorneys also engage in mediation, arbitration, administrative proceedings (EEOC, OSHA and NLRB), and creative dispute resolution. Daniel Coker attorneys also advise employers on employment contracts, drafting of employee handbooks, hiring and firing decisions, non-competition and non-solicitation agreements, and sexual harassment training policies and procedures.
- February 2017
- November 16, 2015
- September 4, 2015
- Obtained Summary Judgment on Behalf of a Restaurant in the United States District Court for the Southern District of Mississippi on a Title VII Sexual Harassment and Sexual Discrimination CaseJuly 2014
- October 2013
- U.S. District Court For The Northern District Of Mississippi Granted Tupelo Airport Authority’s MotionSeptember 2013
- July 2013
- July 2013
- May 2013
- March 2013
- January 2013
- May 2012
- Order Granting Defendant Car Dealership's Motion For Summary Judgment In Federal Court In The Northern District Of MississippiFebruary 2012
- July 2011
- Wilkins v. Plumrose USA, Inc., 2013 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 141668 (N.D. Miss. Oct. 1, 2013)
- Anderson v. Tupelo Reg'l Airport Auth., 967 F. Supp. 2d 1127 (N.D. Miss. 2013)
- Ashley v. Metro Ford Auto. Sales, Inc., 2012 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 7281 (N.D. Miss. Jan. 23, 2012)
- Miller v. Metro Ford Auto. Sales, Inc., 519 Fed. Appx. 850 (5th Cir. Miss. 2013)