Katie’s practice is focused in general litigation and insurance defense with an emphasis on bad faith insurance defense, transportation, products liability, and governmental liability. Having prevailed on a number of summary judgment motions, tried cases to verdict, and won favorable rulings on appeal, Katie practices in Mississippi trial and appellate courts with success. Katie was named a 2020 Mid-South Rising Star by Super Lawyers and was recognized in the inaugural 2021 Best Lawyers: “Ones to Watch” in the areas of personal injury litigation defense and product liability defense.
In addition to her litigation practice, Katie is actively involved in several legal organizations, including the Mississippi Bar’s Women in the Profession Committee and serving as Secretary of her local Inns of Court Chapter. She has served on the Board of Directors of the Mississippi Women Lawyers Association as South Mississippi Liaison and is a graduate of the Mississippi Bar’s Leadership Forum. Katie currently serves on the Editorial Board of The Quarterly, a publication of the Mississippi Defense Lawyers Association, and is a member of the Steering Committee of ALFA International’s Transportation practice group.
A native of the Jackson, Mississippi area, Katie now calls the Mississippi Gulf Coast home and is a shareholder in the Gulfport office.
- ALFA International
- Transportation Practice Group Steering Committee
- American Bar Association
- American Inns of Court
- Russell-Blass-Walker Chapter, Secretary
- Harrison County Bar Association
- Harrison County Young Lawyers Association
- Mississippi Defense Lawyers Association
- Editorial Board, The Quarterly
- Mississippi Women Lawyers Association
- South Mississippi Liaison, Board of Directors, 2019 – 2020
- Mississippi Bar Association
- Women in the Profession Committee, Member
- Young Lawyers Division, Board of Directors, Coastal District I Director, 2016 – 2018
- Young Lawyers Division, Disaster Legal Assistance Committee, Member, 2018 – 2019
Honors & Awards
- Best Lawyers in America®: “Ones to Watch”, 2021
- Personal Injury Litigation – Defendants
- Product Liability Litigation – Defendants
- Super Lawyers Mid-South Rising Star, 2020
- Mississippi Bar Leadership Forum Graduate, 2018
Honors & Awards Announcements
- Comment, The Pardoning Power: Where does Tradition End and Legal Regulation Begin?, 83 Miss. L.J. 1271 (2014)
- 2020 Mid-South Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
- Twenty-Four Daniel Coker Lawyers Recognized by Best Lawyers®
- Katie Van Camp has been named Shareholder at Daniel Coker, P.A.