Steven Griffin focuses his practice in general litigation, with an emphasis in defending local governmental entities, corporations, and individuals in Section 1983 civil rights and constitutional tort litigation. One of his subspecialties in this area is defending entities from the numerous lawsuits filed by jail inmates and pretrial detainees under the federal Prison Litigation Reform Act. Steven approaches each case with an eye toward effective and efficient resolution, whether through summary judgment, alternative dispute resolution, trial, or appeal.
Steven also enjoys serving in the legal community through the Mission First Legal Aid Office and the Central Mississippi Chapter of the Christian Legal Society, of which he is a Past President. Prior to joining Daniel Coker, Steven served as a staff editor on the Mississippi Law Journal and as an extern with the United States Attorney’s Office for the Northern District of Mississippi.
- American Bar Association
- Capital Area Bar Association
- Christian Legal Society, Central Mississippi Chapter Past President, 2014
- Jackson Young Lawyers
- Mississippi Bar Association
Honors & Awards
- Best Lawyers in America®, Personal Injury Defense Litigation, 2021
- Super Lawyers, Mid-South Rising Stars, 2013 – 2020
- Alliance Defending Freedom, Blackstone Fellow
- Leadership Mississippi Class of 2015
Honors & Awards Announcements
- 2020 Mid-South Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
- Twenty-Four Daniel Coker Lawyers Recognized by Best Lawyers®
- 2017 DCHB Super Lawyers and Rising Stars Announced