George is a shareholder in the firm’s Oxford office. With more than 30 years of practice in the area of workers’ compensation, he is a veteran lawyer who brings a wealth of knowledge to our clients. George represents employers with the highest level of professionalism and has received the Kenneth G. Perry Professionalism Award from the Mississippi Workers’ Compensation Commission Educational Association. He has lectured on Workers’ Compensation matters and has also previously served on the Executive Committee of the Workers’ Compensation Section of the Mississippi Bar.
George chairs the firm’s Workers’ Compensation practice group and the Alternative Dispute Resolution practice group. George has also served on the Scholarship Recipient Committee for Kids’ Chance of Mississippi, a program that awards college scholarships to children whose parents are deceased or permanently disabled as the result of a work accident. Early on, George worked in the Jackson office before he and others opened the Oxford office in 1995.
George has been recognized by Best Lawyers in America® in Workers’ Compensation Law – Employers and is AV Preeminent® Rated by Martindale-Hubbell.
- American Bar Association
- American Inns of Court, Williams C. Keady Chapter
- Claims & Litigation Management Alliance (CLM)
- Illinois Bar Association (inactive)
- Lafayette County Bar Association
- Mississippi Bar Association
- Executive Committee, Workers’ Compensation Section
- Mississippi Bar Foundation Fellow
- Mississippi Defense Lawyers Association
- Missouri Bar Association (inactive)
- Phi Delta Phi
Honors & Awards
- Best Lawyers in America®, Workers’ Compensation Law – Employers, 2013 – Present
- Kenneth C. Perry Professional Award
- Martindale-Hubbell, AV Preeminent® Rated
Honors & Awards Announcements
- Twenty-Four Daniel Coker Lawyers Recognized by Best Lawyers®
- 14 Daniel Coker lawyers named to 2020 Best Lawyers®
- George Read Honored at MWCC Educational Association Conference in Biloxi
Notable CasesRead More
Seminars & Speaking Engagements