Solving Problems for Mississippi Employers
Daniel Coker’s employment lawyers help public and private employers throughout Mississippi solve problems, offering businesses common sense, practical, cost-effective ways to navigate the minefield of state and federal employment laws. For many years, Daniel Coker’s lawyers have counseled employers on ever-changing employment laws and assisted businesses with a wide variety of matters, including the preparation of employment contracts and handbooks, hiring and firing decisions, non-competition and non-solicitation agreements, and sexual harassment training policies and procedures.
In today’s world, disputes cannot always be solved internally, and when that occurs, our attorneys are ready to assist employers with their extensive litigation experience before administrative bodies (such as the EEOC, OSHA, and the NLRB) and in state and federal courts. Daniel Coker’s employment lawyers have been dedicated advocates for businesses in virtually every type of employment claim, including the following:
- Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964
- Age Discrimination in Employment Act
- Equal Pay Act
- Rehabilitation Act of 1973
- Employment Retirement Income Security Act of 1974
- Americans with Disabilities Act
- Family and Medical Leave Act
- Pregnancy Discrimination Act
- Fair Labor Standards Act
- Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act
- Occupational Safety and Health Laws
In addition, the Daniel Coker team assists clients with state law employment claims, such as “at-will” employment cases, misappropriation of trade secrets, and non-compete covenant issues.