Resolving Complex Legal Issues Before, During, and After Large-Scale Construction Projects
Whether defending owners, contractors, architects or engineers, our lawyers bring decades of combined experience to the table to represent parties in any phase of the construction process. This experience also extends to lenders, sureties, insurers, and other entities involved in construction disputes.
Daniel Coker’s expertise covers everything from the contract bidding process to claims for defective work in completed construction projects. Examples of our construction litigation experience include:
- Representation of an owner against a defaulting designer-builder of a chemical plant;
- Representation of a boiler manufacturer sued by the owner of a petroleum plant;
- Representation for payment disputes arising out of a cost-plus public construction project;
- Defense of construction defect claims against general contractors building hotels, apartment complexes, condominiums, and high-end nursing home and hospice facilities; and
- Handling of all bond claims and civil litigation arising from the defaults of a multi-state commercial contractor triggering the surety’s performance and payment bond obligations in three states.
Our construction lawyers are intimately familiar with the practices, customs, and specialized contracts involved in complex construction litigation. Many construction disputes involve arbitration, and we have extensive experience in that and other alternative dispute resolution (ADR) methods. While Daniel Coker is widely recognized as one of the most accomplished trial law firms in Mississippi, we are also attuned to the unique financial and business practicalities of construction-related litigation, including the resolution of our clients’ disputes amicably when desired.
- Appeals Court Affirmed Summary Judgment
- Motion for Summary Judgment Granted in Favor of Defendant
- Madison County Circuit Court Grants Defense Verdict in Construction Defect Matter
- Dismissal of Plaintiff’s Claims In A Tennessee Proceeding
- Riverbend Utilities, Inc. v. Brennan, 68 So. 3d 59 (Miss. 2011)
- Travelers Property Casualty Co. of America v. Brandenburg Industrial Service Co., 2011 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 15039 (N.D. Miss. Feb. 14, 2011)