Tom is an effective, strong advocate for his clients at all levels of Mississippi state and federal courts. He practices primarily in the areas of medical malpractice defense, insurance coverage litigation, fidelity and surety, and construction litigation. He handles all phases of coverage advice and litigation, from the coverage opinion stage to successfully litigating complex declaratory judgment actions. Tom serves as Chair of the firm’s Appellate practice group and Medical Malpractice practice group.
Tom is an active member in the Mississippi Defense Lawyers Association. He previously served on the Mississippi Defense Lawyers Association’s Editorial Board for several years and has authored a number of articles published in The Quarterly. Tom has also been recognized by Best Lawyers in America®.
- Mississippi Bar Association
- Mississippi Defense Lawyers Association
- Editorial Board, Past Member
Honors & Awards
- Best Lawyers in America®, Mass Tort Litigation / Class Actions – Defendants, 2021
- Author of “The Time for Judicial Pay Raises is Now,” Mississippi Defense Lawyers Association Quarterly, Spring 2012
- Author of “‘Written Off’ Medical Bills and the Collateral Source Rule: Why a Change is Needed,” Mississippi Defense Lawyers Association Quarterly, Spring 2011
- Author of “Medical Malpractice Claims Against Non-Physician Healthcare Providers,” Mississippi Defense Lawyers Association Quarterly, Spring 2010
- Author of “Exclusions and Countermeasures: Do Card Counters Have a Right to Play?” Gaming Law Review, 2005
- Twenty-Four Daniel Coker Lawyers Recognized by Best Lawyers®
- Buchanan, Dickinson, and Julian Named Newest Shareholders