Kristi focuses her practice on general litigation and governmental liability and has represented cities, counties, and school districts in every type of civil litigation. She regularly seeks and obtains summary judgment, effectively leveraging the Mississippi Tort Claims Act for its intended purposes of limiting governmental liability. She also has extensive experience in appellate matters and has been involved in appeals to the Mississippi Supreme Court, Mississippi Court of Appeals, United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit, and the United States Supreme Court. Kristi credits her tenure as law clerk to the Honorable T. Kenneth Griffis, Jr. at the Mississippi Court of Appeals with having a significant influence on her practice.
Kristi is AV-Preeminent® rated by Martindale-Hubbell. She served as the secretary of the Russell-Blass-Walker Chapter of the American Inns of Court for 10 years and is a proud alumnus of the Leadership Gulf Coast Class of 2011 and Leadership Mississippi Class of 2013.
- American Inns of Court
- Russell-Blass-Walker Chapter, Secretary, 2008 – 2018
- Defense Research Institute
- Harrison County Bar Association
- Mississippi Defense Lawyers Association
- Mississippi Bar Association
Honors & Awards
- Law Student Bar Association, President, 2005
- Leadership Gulf Coast, Class of 2011
- Leadership Mississippi, Class of 2013
- Martindale-Hubbell, AV Preeminent® Rated
- Attorney Kristi Brown Obtains Ruling in Favor of Restaurant in Slip and Fall Case
- Taylor & Brown Win Favorable Verdict in Jackson County
- Brown and Taylor Win Summary Judgment in MTCA Claim
- Byars and Brown Summary Judgment Affirmed
- KPMG, LLP v. Singing River Health Sys., 283 So. 3d 662, 664 (Miss. 2018) (cert denied 205 L. Ed. 2d 26, 140 S. Ct. 128 (2019)
- Hartzog v. Hackett, 711 Fed. Appx. 235 (5th Cir. Miss. Feb. 12, 2018) unpub. (affirming Hartzog v. Hackett, 2017 WL 5640842 (S.D. Miss. Feb. 28, 2017).
- Rylee v. Progressive Gulf Ins. Co., 2017 Miss. LEXIS 90 (Miss. 2017)
- Conyers v. George County Bd. of Supervisors, 2016 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 109872 (S.D. Miss. Aug. 17, 2016)