Lauren focuses her practice in general litigation and insurance defense. She has been recognized as a Best Lawyers in America® “Ones to Watch” in the areas of personal injury and product liability litigation and has been named a Mid-South Super Lawyers Rising Star. Lauren is an associate in the Oxford office.
She comes to Daniel Coker with years of experience serving insurance defense clients in cases involving products liability, premises liability, insurance coverage disputes, personal injury, and wrongful termination. Not just a member of the Mississippi Bar, Lauren is an active member of the American Bar Association. Her legal expertise is also evident in professional writing. Lauren’s articles have been accepted for publication by the ABA, the Mississippi Law Journal, Thomson Reuters Practical Law, and the South Dakota Law Review.
- American Bar Association
- Mississippi Bar Association
Honors & Awards
- Super Lawyers Mid-South Rising Star, 2019 – 2020
- Best Lawyers in America® “Ones to Watch” – Personal Injury and Product Liability Litigation, 2021 and 2022
- Griffith, Benjamin E. and Ward, Lauren E., “Public Records Request During Litigation with Government: Is It a Right or a Circumvention of Discovery?” Open Government in the Digital Age: An Examination of State Public Records and Open Meetings Law, American Bar Association (publication forthcoming in 2021)
- Griffith, Benjamin E. and Ward, Lauren E., “Voting in a Pandemic: The Effects of COVID-19 on America’s Elections,” South Dakota Law Review (publication forthcoming in 2021)
- Benjamin E. Griffith and Lauren Ward, Practice Note: “Elections and Covid-19: Pandemic Concerns and Trends,” Thomson Reuters Practical Law, Sept. 29, 2020
- Ward, Lauren E. and Griffith, Benjamin E., “Millennials and Electoral Access in 2018-2020,” America Votes!, 4th Edition, American Bar Association, 2020
- Griffith, Benjamin E. and Ward, Lauren E., “The Forbidden Fruit of Alabama Legislative Black Caucus v. State of Alabama: Racial Predominance in Redistricting,” Voting Rights Act Symposium, 85 Miss. L.J. 1093, 2017
- Junior Auxiliary of Oxford, Provisional New Member