Representing Banks, Insurers, and Credit Industry Clients
Daniel Coker has a long and successful history representing commercial banks, credit unions, finance companies, consumer credit reporting agencies, mortgage bankers, and their fidelity bond and insurance providers in regulatory matters and litigation. Our experience includes commercial and consumer disputes. Our Financial Institutions & Credit Litigation Group attorneys are familiar with the highly regulated financial sector, including the laws, regulations, and various agreements involved in credit transactions. This familiarity allows us to consistently provide efficient, strategic, and effective legal representation.
Having served clients in the financial sector for 75 years, Daniel Coker has represented businesses and institutions in all major categories of banking, insurance, and credit litigation. Some examples of our firm’s experience include:
- Defense of claims involving the sale and liquidation of collateral assets
- Credit life, credit liability, and loan protection claims
- Institutional liability claims for check forgery and kiting schemes
- Institutional liability claims for acts of employee dishonesty
- Enforcement of guarantees and letters of credit
- Fidelity bond coverage and applicable insurance coverage disputes
- Federal enforcement actions involving the Truth in Lending Act (TILA) and Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA)
Our lawyers also represent financial institutions in the auditing and conveyance of loan portfolios and other assets as well as similar permutations of non-litigation and pre-litigation matters. Additionally, we routinely serve as counsel for alternative dispute resolution (ADR) proceedings involving credit, insurance, and finance-related issues, and our experience in these fields extends to appellate advocacy. Daniel Coker trial lawyers understand your legal needs and remain committed to pursuing every avenue to resolve your dispute.