Jason’s practice is generally focused on defending clients against premises liability and transportation-related claims. He has tried serious lawsuits to final judgment, helping clients obtain take-nothing verdicts on high exposure claims involving wrongful death and significant personal injuries. Jason has tried cases to verdict in state court venues stretching from the piney woods of Southeast Mississippi to the Mississippi Delta. He also has tried cases in two federal district courts with juries returning defense verdicts in each case.
Jason has significant experience defending motor carriers against claims brought under the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations. He also has experience with issues of federal diversity jurisdiction, including framing arguments of improper joinder and challenges to expert testimony under Daubert and Rule 702 of the applicable rules of evidence. He has a keen interest in trial presentation and technology programs and their effect on how juries receive and retain information.
Jason is Co-Chair of the Transportation Practice Group and is a member of the Firm’s Executive Committee. He has been recognized by Best Lawyers and has been AV-rated by Martindale-Hubbell for over a decade.
- Capital Area Bar Association
- Mississippi Bar Association
- Mississippi Defense Lawyers Association
Honors & Awards
- Best Lawyers in America®, 2021 – Present
- Personal Injury Litigation – Defendants
- Product Liability Litigation – Defendants
- Martindale-Hubbell, AV Preeminent® Rated
- Summary Judgment Affirmed by Mississippi Court of Appeals
- Defense Verdict in Premises Trial in Southern District of Mississippi
- Summary Judgment For Defendant Agricultural Manufacturers In High Exposure Product Liability Action Where Plaintiff Alleged Combine Was Defective And Caused Plaintiff To Sustain Severe Injuries, Including Bilateral Below Knee Amputations
- Defense Verdict Was Affirmed By Mississippi Supreme Court In A Wrongful Death Action