Providing Skilled Appellate Advocacy for Our Clients
A cornerstone of the litigation practice at Daniel Coker is the ability to effectively handle matters from pre-suit investigation through the final decision on appeal. As one of the largest litigation firms located entirely in Mississippi, Daniel Coker’s attorneys have handled thousands of appeals from almost all venues within the state and federal administrative and judicial venues.
While most of these cases come through legal proceedings handled by the firm at the trial level, Daniel Coker attorneys are also engaged to appeal cases not originally handled by the firm. Each of our appellate attorneys possesses the extensive legal research and writing skills required for exceptional appellate advocacy, which is the backbone of a strong appeal. Further, decades of experience have shown time and time again that effective appellate lawyers must also be strong orators. Our appellate attorneys pride themselves on having both the written and oral advocacy skills required for affirmation of favorable trial decisions or to secure reversals and remands on appeal.
Once our lawyers review and assess the trial record and relevant precedent, we provide our clients the information needed to make informed decisions. If the decision is made to move forward, we formulate our appellate strategy and then work diligently to prepare a brief and oral arguments.
Daniel Coker appellate lawyers have successfully handled appeals involving a full spectrum of issues in the areas of insurance coverage disputes, personal injury, professional liability, labor and employment, premises liability, medical malpractice, and workers’ compensation. With more than 75 years of practice in Mississippi, Daniel Coker is one of the state’s foremost litigation firms. Our vast experience and commitment to excellence fuels the advice and representation we provide on appeal, seeing our clients through to the very end of every engagement.
- Banks & Credit Unions
- Closely Held & Family-Owned Companies
- Educational Institutions
- Governmental Entities
- Health Care
- Hospitality (casinos, hotels, restaurants)
- Information Technology
- Real Estate
- Appeal Victory
- Federal Court Dismisses Plaintiff’s Due Process Claims Against Public School District
- Summary Judgment Affirmed by Mississippi Court of Appeals
- Mississippi Supreme Court Affirmed Court of Appeals Decision
- Davis v. Jones County Sch. Dist., 193 So. 3d 653 (Miss. App. 2015)
- Evans v. City of Meridian Miss., 2015 U.S. App. LEXIS 20607 (5th Cir. Miss. Nov. 24,2015)
- Slater-Moore v. Goeldner, 113 So. 3d 521 (Miss. 2013)
- Alfonso v. Diamondhead Fire Protection District, 122 So. 3d 54 (Miss. 2013), cert. denied, 2014 U.S. LEXIS 3474 (2014)