Defending Insurers In Complex and Emerging Coverage Issues
Daniel Coker attorneys specialize in defending a broad spectrum of insurance claims, including coverage disputes, bad faith actions, and insurance contract litigation. Our attorneys’ extensive experience makes Daniel Coker a leading insurance defense firm.
In addition to familiarity with the coverage issues that often arise in disputes between policyholders and insurers, Daniel Coker’s attorneys are knowledgeable about the tort law claims and their relation to coverage disputes. As a result, beyond providing representation for trial litigation, Daniel Coker attorneys regularly offer coverage opinions and initiate declaratory judgment actions. We represent insurers in all state and federal courts in Mississippi and have significant experience and success defending insurers at trial and on appeal.
Our attorneys understand that insurance is a business, and insurance companies rely on predictability in issuing policies and making coverage determinations. When representing insurers in coverage disputes and bad faith litigation, Daniel Coker attorneys provide:
- Early case assessment in collaboration with the client;
- Development and implementation of a strategic defense;
- Use of timely alternative dispute resolution (ADR); and
- Experienced representation in pre-trial matters, at trial, and on appeal.
For more than 75 years, Daniel Coker has built its reputation as one of Mississippi’s most successful insurance defense firms. Insurance coverage litigation and bad faith defense are at the heart of our practice, and we have secured outcomes of favorable results.
- Federal District Court Rules that Insurance Policy Provision was a Condition Precedent for Coverage
- Plaintiff’s Uninsured Motorist Action Barred by Louisiana Statute of Limitations
- Opposing Party Concedes After Insurance Company Seeks Declaratory Judgment
- Federal Court Issues Favorable Ruling in UM Case
- Palermo vs. LifeLink, 152 So. 3d 1099 (Miss. 2014)
- Bonds v. Modern Woodmen of Am., 2014 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 40016 (N.D. Miss. Mar. 25, 2014)
- Mullen v. Nationwide Mutual Insurance Company, 2013 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 7679 (S.D. Miss. Jan. 18, 2013)
- Wolgin v. Trans Union, 101 So. 3d 1160 (Miss. 2012)