Experienced Workers’ Compensation Defense
Daniel Coker’s attorneys represent employers, self-insureds, insurance companies, and third-party administrators in all types of workers’ compensation actions. These matters may include alleged personal injuries, occupational diseases, death, and other workers’ compensation issues.
We aggressively defend our clients’ positions toward a fast resolution from the initial investigation to file closure. Our devotion to this area of law makes Daniel Coker a consistent and prominent presence before the Mississippi Workers’ Compensation Commission, where our workers’ compensation attorneys have long been effective advocates for employers and carriers.
Workers’ compensation claims are equal parts medical and legal, and Daniel Coker is proud of our collective specialized knowledge in both areas, which positions us to handle even the most catastrophic of injuries, including defending employers and carriers in cases brought under the Longshore and Harbor Workers’ Compensation Act (LHWCA).
In addition to representing clients in litigation, Daniel Coker attorneys prepare and present continuing education programs and updates for clients, risk managers, and claims adjusters, and are available for ongoing consultation, onsite client visits, and seminars. As one of Mississippi’s oldest and most well-established law firms representing employers and carriers in workers’ compensation matters, we are also “go-to” local counsel for many out-of-state law firms and companies.
- Workers’ Compensation Claim Dismissed
- Mississippi Supreme Court Reverses Court Of Appeals in favor of Defendants in a Workers’ Compensation Case
- Employer and Carrier found not responsible
- Claimant Not Entitled to Permanent Partial Disability
- Sheffield v. S. J. Louis Constr., Inc., 285 So. 3d 614 (Miss. 2019)
- Brown v. Ill. Tool Works, Inc., 2014 Miss. LEXIS 188 (Miss. 2014)
- Peters v. Belk, Inc., 67 So. 3d 805 (Miss. 2011)
- Ball v. Ashley Furniture Indus., 71 So. 3d 1251 (Miss. Ct. App. 2011)